I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty

To be able to look back upon ones life in satisfaction, is to live twice.
Kahlil Gibran

 

We should give meaning to life, not wait for life to give us meaning. ~Stacy

 

Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.
Kahlil Gibran

 

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. ~Dennis Wholey

 
Posted by Picasa


Living involves tearing up one rough draft after another. ~Author Unknown

Sometimes the best way to hold onto something is to let it go. ~Author Unknown

8 comments:

magiceye said...

simply beautiful....

Kay said...

Oh, some very good ones here, I laugh at the bull charging, as I am vegan and get eaten alive from bugs as soon as one is close...

The last 'unknown' remind me of the saying 'if you love someone let them go free, if they return, love it forever. If they do not, it was never meant to be' Although, I only wish that were true.... :) Lovly post, yet again.

sujata sengupta said...

Have seen your comments on many common blogs that we visit. This is my first time on your blog and I loved the fact that you quoted khalil Gibran, he is my most read author, his books I turn to many times for peace and understanding. Loved the pictures and also the quote about a bull not chasing a vegetarian.

chrome3d said...

I should give more meaning to my life and stop surfing now. Thanks for reminding me.

Peggy said...

Gosh so many quotes, each one touches my heart.

Margaret Gosden said...

I like the first quote and the ability to bring the past into the present with the enhancing aid of technology, as I see it. What a great shade tree that is!

Ramakrishnan said...

Superb pics and exquisite quotes.

Sunny said...

Your photos are so lovely, you can almost smell the rose!
Beautiful post.
Sunny :)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time