I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Classified Humor

You've all probably seen these -- I had, but they're still funny and on this gray, wet day I can always use a smile.

These classifieds actually ran in a Minneapolis newspaper –

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.
8-years old. Hateful little bastard. Bites!

FREE PUPPIES:
1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbor's dog..

FREE PUPPIES..
Mother, AKC German Shepherd.
Father, Super Dog. able to leap tall fences in a single bound..

FOUND DIRTY WHITE DOG.
Looks like a rat. Been out a while. Better be a big reward.

COWS: NEVER BRED.
Also 1 gay bull for sale..

NORDIC TRACK
$300 Hardly used, call Chubby.

GEORGIA PEACHES
California grown - 89 cents/lb.

JOINING NUDIST COLONY!
Must sell washer and dryer $300.

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE .
Worn once by mistake. Call Stephanie.

And the best one?:

FOR SALE BY OWNER:
Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica, 45 volumes. Excellent condition. $1,000 or best offer. No longer needed, Got married last month. Wife knows everything!

And how is this one for "typical human thinking"!

16 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

You had me laughing outloud this morning, Sylvia. The family must thinkk I'm demented. Love the doggie ads.

Martha Z said...

It's always nice to have a smile to brighten up a gray day. It is gray here in the Sacramento area as well.

Unknown said...

Heheh. No one's ever happy with what they have.

Anonymous said...

omg PhQB you have outdone yourself. That wedding dress one is HYSTERICAL but my absolute FAV is the Yorkshire Terrier. I just fell over backwards on that one. These are just tooooo funny. You made my day :)

Gerald (SK14) said...

I haven't heard them ALL before so they cheered me up.

bobbie said...

All good ones!

Bradley Hsi said...

Love the humur, quite fun!! Happy New Year.

Jay said...

'Puppies: Half Cocker Spaniel, half sneaky neighbour's dog'

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's so funny! Actually they're all funny, but that's the one that made me laugh out loud!

EcoRover said...

Great ads. Having had friends with a beastly Yorkie, I especially sympathize with that.

Susan at Stony River said...

Stephanie's dress and the super dog had me laughing out loud--and yes, the cartoon has people nailed! LOL

Sunny said...

These can't help but make you laugh out loud. Thanks I need that!
Sunny :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

It's gray here to, I needed a good laugh, thanks!

magiceye said...

brilliant laughs! thank you

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! exactly what I need to start the day !

chrome3d said...

Gay bulls must have a hard time.

Wife knows everything! ...yeah, she does...

Kay said...

Aaaack! I have that Nordic Trak!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time