I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Monday, November 24, 2008

A Tad of Humor for This Tight Holiday Season

My Dear friends and family,
Somewhat embarrassing to admit, I'm not getting an annual bonus and Christmas is tight this year. I will be making bedroom slippers for you all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've included the instructions below.

How to make bedroom slippers out of maxi pads: You need four maxi pads to make a pair. Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part. The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top. Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part. Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most aesthetically appealing), etc.

These slippers are: * Soft and Hygienic * Non-slip grip strips on the soles * Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh * No more bending over to mop up spills * Disposable and biodegradable * Environmentally safe * Three convenient sizes: (1.) Regular, (2.) Light and (3.) Get out the Sand Bags. I've attached a photo of the first pair I made so that you can see the nifty slippers for yourself.... Awaiting your response. It's crucial that I get the right size for each one of you.





9 comments:

bobbie said...

This is pretty darned funny! And, would actually work.

Christmas is tight for sure this year. I'm baking brownies for gifts myself.

Kay Dennison said...

LOL I'm speechless!!!!!!

K. said...

LOL! Martha Stewart has nothing on you!

T. said...

OMG. The funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time. Thanks for my morning laugh!

wispy willow said...

This is HILARIOUS!!! I chuckled all the way out to mail box and back before I could comment. I just may have to make a pair or two.I can just see my kids when they unopened their packages.
No... really. I'm going to do it.
ha ha ha ha ha... I'm having so much fun even thinking about it.

storyteller said...

Ohmygosh … they actually look wearable! LOL What a riot ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Gaelyn said...

Lovely! I'm a size 7 1/2 and like rhinestones. LOL

Rinkly Rimes said...

I'd order a pair, but Xmas falls in summer here!!!!

Mare said...

You are too funny! Thanks for a great big smile and hearty laugh!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time