I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

An Award!

I received my fifth award today and felt very honored and humbled. I received this award from Peggy of Musings of Meggie.

This award acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write. Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers. It's away to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web"

I am to pass this on to fifteen other bloggers for their contribution to our wonderful blogging world, and to let them know that they have been chosen. And like Peggy, it is hard to pick fifteen as there have been so many that have made such a difference in my life, that have made me laugh and celebrate and cry over the moving things they have said/written. So, now comes the hard part -- to choose just fifteen of the many who have contributed so much to my life over the past six months. To make it more difficult, many that I would put on the list have already received this award from Peggy. But here goes.
1. Linda
2. Rob
3. Joy
4. Mari
5. CitizenK
6. Clariz
7. Deborah
8. Bobbie
9. Milesperhour
10. sweetmango
11. June
12. mom/caryn
13. Kate
14. Happily Retired Gal
15. Judy

13 comments:

Lilly said...

Ms Sylvia, congratulations on this award. And to every blogger you have awarded - must go and check some of these blogs out too!!

Anonymous said...

Well now what a surprise!!..thank you Sylvia, receiving an award from a kindred spirit makes it so special. I appreciate my inclusion in your list, especially considering the qualities for which it is awarded.
Congratulations to you on your receipt of this award, you are the epiphany of the merits listed for this award.
xxsm

Margie's Musings said...

You certainly have done that, Sylvia!
Congratulations!!

clairz said...

Congratulations, Sylvia, you certainly deserve every single award that you get. And thank you for passing the award on to me--as sweetmango said, it's extra special coming from you.

P.S. I LIKE the way you spell my name. I really do!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. The award tells me I should visit you again. Now off to see the blogs of mention here.

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Sylvia, well done to you on this most apt award which you so deserve. You offer so much to so many. I am humbled to receive this from you, though it's more than I deserve I'm sure, but I happily accept it if you say so.

bobbie said...

Sylvia, thank you so much.

The funny thing is, I am giving you one too, as you'll see on my blog tomorrow. I guess we have a mutual admiration society going here. And I too say, there is nothing you need do in response.

I do appreciate this. It's a lovely award.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sylvia, your blog is indeed a happy, inspiring, challenging, and informing place to visit! Thank you also for including me on your list; I'm honored and delighted!

Linda Reeder said...

Thank you Sylvia! I am honored to receive this award from you. It was a joy to discover your blog and compare our experiences and thoughts as fellow Seattle Democrats! You make me thing and make me laugh. Couldn't get better than that!

Linda Reeder said...

ooops! That should read "you make me THINK"

Michael Horvath said...

Congrats to you Sylvia and thank you for honoring me. My Higher Power deserves the credit by using my words for positive impact on anyone they touch.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this well-deserved award. I've not seen it before and I'm honored to receive it from you. Thanks so much.
Hugs and blessings,

Joy said...

I agree with her selection of you for this award and appreciate your choosing me for one of them! I always enjoy reading yours and will go check out the others. Thank you very much! :-)

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time