I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

An Explanation


As you know, I frequently end the blogging day with some beautiful photos, words, thoughts and I also frequently end the post with the word "namaste". I was asked yesterday by gappa why I did that since it is an Indian greeting with folded hands. I did know that, however, in several meditation classes that I have taken, along with my Tai Chi classes, that is how our instructors both began and ended our session. It somehow always invoked a sense of peace for me which was my reason for using it, but I will make a point of using it in the correct place from now on.

2 comments:

Lilly said...

I know a lot of people use this word on their blogs and I guess its like many words it has a special meaning for those who use it. Has mediation worked for you? I have never done it, well not in a traditional way, and often wondered about taking a class.

Rain Trueax said...

I first heard namaste when I went online and have heard several explanations for what people mean by it. When I use it, which I do sometimes, my meaning for it is god in me recognizes god in you

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time