I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Sunday!


About mid-afternoon yesterday the sky suddenly cleared, the clouds melted away leaving a beautiful, fragile blue sky, the sun poured golden light all over everything, there was no wind and it had finally gotten out of the thirties! I was so excited I was just running around everywhere taking pictures! I could see the Cascade Mountains still covered with glistening snow, sparkling in that gorgeous sunlight! AND to top it all off, my new computer arrived!! and Tuesday I have someone coming to set it up and transfer all my files etc. Hooray! I'll be back in business!

I'm happy for Adam who got to go skiing with a couple of our neighbors -- even got a free ticket! He hasn't been able to go skiing for ages and what a great day for it! So, we are starting out a new week with elevated spirits. Amazing what even a little sun can do for you in the middle of a very long, cold winter!

The past few weeks have definitely tested my determination to keep a bright take on things this year -- with the winter storms preventing David and Kerith from coming for Christmas, my computer crashing, along with the economy, daily doses of bad news and gray, cold, short days that seemed to reflect all of it. But it's amazing how even just a few hours of sun and blue skies can lift you out of the pits and put a smile back on your face. So, I'm ready -- again, to take on a new week and to make the most of whatever rays of sunshine find their way into Seattle.

15 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

Sunday starting for you and here the sun is setting on a glorious day, not too hot and with a cooling breeze. It was 42 degrees one day last week!

Maria said...

Happy Sunday to you, too! Here in Vienna, the sun is hiding again, but I made it myself comfortable at home!
Have a nice day!

Tessa said...

Happy Sunny Days! It does make such a difference, doesn't it? Hope the rest of your week is as good.

bobbie said...

I am so happy for you!

I think my computer is on its way out now. A belt making a terrible noise, and other things happening. I wish my SIL was nearby or planning a visit, because he could tell me how dire the situation may be.

magiceye said...

good for you!!
and that sure is a beautiful shot!

pink dogwood said...

we are stuggling to get out thirties here in maryland :)

Happy Sunday

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you that you got a gorgeous day. It makes such a difference.

Several inches of snow fell overnight here and it's still coming down lightly but steadily. It really is pretty but cold; very cold.

Rain Trueax said...

That's good news on all counts. We have had sunshine also out where I live although the river cities have been more fogged in.

clairz said...

I remember that when we lived in Washington state, when the sun was out everyone was always in such a good mood. People everywhere were smiling, strangers greeting each other with, "Isn't it a lovely day!" I sometimes wondered what life would be like if the sun shone like that every day.

Now that we live in New Mexico we know what it is like to have a sunny, blue sky overhead almost every day. It's absolutely lovely. But, of course, we don't have the gorgeous tree-filled landscape and all the water that you do.

Anonymous said...

Nice that you are getting so bright and clear weather after what you've had. Beautiful view in that photo!

robin andrea said...

So glad you have some glorious sunshine up there. It makes all the difference in the world. Enjoy it.

Linda Reeder said...

Yes, yes, yes! It is Sunday morning in Seattle, and I'm going for a walk in the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday to you too, from a snowy Toronto. Yes, more snow. It's been snowing since last night, so no sun, but pretty snow. Hope you get more sun soon!

Aleks said...

Helo dear Sylvia,cause it is my birthday Ive wisperd nice words to my little friends beyound the horizon,told them to shine as hard as they can,to bring some beauty over to you.My pc crashed too,bytheway,fine that you are able to go on working.Im able to use for a while pc from a friend,Im gratful for that.Have a nice winter.Wonderful shot!

Linda said...

Sounds like you're having a good day. The sun does make a tremendous amount of difference. Glad you have a new computer. All your blogging was too much for your old one. Bob's platelet count was 38 yesterday and even the sun wasn't able to make that miserable number look good.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time