I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wisdom and Beauty

The sun came out today and we had such beautiful skies and needless to say I had run out with the camera to catch them to share with you tonight along with some lovely words as well.




/\ Namaste


"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."
.
Kahlil Gibran
Lebanese Poet and Novelist

The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands.

Robert M. Pirsig
Author of Zen and the Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance

At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done.
We will be judged by 'I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you took me in.'
Hungry not only for bread -- but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing -- but naked for human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks -- but homeless because of rejection.
Mother Teresa
Catholic Missionary, Nobel Peace Prize Recipient
Books Quotes

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Buddha
The Enlightened One
Books Quotes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some wise words here and a nice read. Thanks.

Kay said...

Very wise words and worth reading and taking to heart.

magiceye said...

/\ namaste :)

beautifully captured skies!

quotes are profound

Anonymous said...

I love all the quotes and quite agree with them. Some very nice scenic photos too. It's nice sharing the beauty of the world.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time