I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunshine for Another Day!

 
Posted by Picasa

Sam Schnauzer and I went down to the beach this afternoon and it was so beautiful! You can see how blue the water is and if you click on the photo you'll be able to see the boat I was trying to photograph, but I don't have a zoom lense so I have to rely on Picasa. Those are the snow covered Cascade Mountains in the background.
 
As you can see, the seagulls are a lot happier today, basking in the sun, instead of having to walk around in the snow. I couldn't tell if they were actually smiling, but the expression is different from the one I caught I couple of weeks ago.

7 comments:

Mare said...

Your weather couldn't be more different than mine!! I like yours better. Enjoy the beach and the sunshine.

♥ Braja said...

Hey, I know that seagull, the 4th guy from the left, his back to us....

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, definitely a more optimistic expression on those gulls. They're thinking: Won't be long before we're dining on loose french fries in the parking lots again!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... looks like the seagulls are having a sort of get together.:)

Joy said...

It's beautiful there!

Anonymous said...

Sunny days bring smiley faces ;)

Linda Reeder said...

I was our bush whacking today. No it has nothing to do with getting rid of the President, but it is fitting. I was helping with winter pruning in some overgrown parts of the yard.
Tomorrow, when I'm not watching the inauguration events on TV, I'll clean house. That also seems fitting.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time