I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Evening Words, Wisdom and Beauty



And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln



Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.
Alan Bennett



Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
Carl Sandburg



I love my past. I love my present. I'm not ashamed of what I've had, and I'm not sad because I have it no longer.
Colette

7 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see spring blooms on this side of the state!

Kay said...

Beautiful quotes and incredible photos.

kRiZcPEc said...

Think I'm addicted to this series now. :)

chrome3d said...

It´s so sad when the key is gone and you don´t know what to do.

Carolyn said...

Simply love the lilacs and Alan Bennett's quote. Thank you for sharing these with us.
Smiles

Susan at Stony River said...

Oh Sylvia, I wish I could smell your photos! It's nice to see a Colette quote--she's one of my inspirations. Have a beautiful weekend!

storyteller said...

Lovely and inspiring too. I'm delighted with your amazing photographs and timely words of wisdom ... always.
Hugs and blessings,

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time