I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

Love is a curious thing. The more you give it away, the more it comes back to you.
-- David L. Weatherford


Drunk
on their
own thoughts,
they sit
virtually unspeaking,
on the appointed benches;
one ,
all tight
dry and clean,
the other,
immersed
in some
moving
sea-weedy sands.

The world goes on,
wave after wave,
frothing and mixing
raising a toast
to
the snowy mountains,
Cheers to Life !

And the
lone seagull,
swooping around
wonders
why
these two
belonging
to the thinking tribe
have nothing to say to each other.....

Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over the Hill at March 27, 2011 9:54 PM 


I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.
-- Martha Washington
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-- George Bernard Shaw

12 comments:

lotusleaf said...

Thank uou, Sylvia. THere is beauty as well as wisdom in your post- a great thing to start the day with!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Sylvia. We've been gone for a week, so today I've been catching up on my favs off and on all day long. Saved you until last especially because of Evening Wisdom and Beauty. What better way to end the day. Such beautiful thoughts and pictures.

Don't work too hard getting ready to move. You don't want to be too tired to enjoy your first days in your new digs !! I'm so excited and happy for you.

SandyCarlson said...

These images are pure delight. That last quote has me thinking again about a Doris Lessing novel I just read.

Have a great week!

magiceye said...

beautiful images!!!

Arti said...

Beautiful pics... The first quote is my favorite!!
Have a nice day:)

Ugich Konitari said...

The second one

Drunk
on their
own thoughts,
they sit
virtually unspeaking,
on the appointed benches;
one ,
all tight
dry and clean,
the other,
immersed
in some
moving
sea-weedy sands.

The world goes on,
wave after wave,
frothing and mixing
raising a toast
to
the snowy mountains,
Cheers to Life !

And the
lone seagull,
swooping around
wonders
why
these two
belonging
to the thinking tribe
have nothing to say to each other.....

Linnea said...

Beautiful Sylvia! Nice flowers...such a great pink color. I really like your first shot too....very dramatic sky. And of course I recognize the middle shot :)

Unknown said...

Great thoughts and photographs Sylvia.
Have a great week.
Costas

Tracy said...

Sylvia,
what beautiful images...just lovely. It's a new day here and one I will address with a positive attitude; your quotes reminded me; especially the one by Martha Washington. It's all in the attitude.
I'm glad I stopped by this morning on my way to get ready for whatever is in front of me...

Unknown said...

The blooming tree(?) is absolutely beautiful! I'm in awe, Sylvia.

Sridharan said...

I always wonder, How you find such beautiful quotes.. I enjoy reading them!

Teamgsquare said...

Wow , photos are just simply superb .

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time