I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty

To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault



Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.
Sarah Ban Breathnach



The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.
Sarah Ban Breathnach



If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up. J.M. Power



Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss



Whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.
Sarah Ban Breathnach

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the first quote because I am living it. I'm so grateful for this lovely post. Thank you, Sylvia.

abb said...

Wish I could come up with timeless words...

Your photos are wonderful...

Christella D. Moody said...

Amen for the first quote. Thanks.

Love your pictures.

Anonymous said...

The ability to Reason seperates us from the Moment. It closes the Heart and are ability to love unconditionally. There is no reason to give to love something just the way it is.

True Success comes when we no longer struggle.

"Those who matter don't mind". They allow one's point of view to be fully expressed without censorship. They are enjoying the show from any seat in the house.

Peggy said...

I am having a whole new appreciation for Dr Seuss. Beautiful quotes Sylvia! Thank you friend!

Sunny said...

Your last picture is awesome.
Sunny :)

Grayquill said...

Dr. Suess had it right. Those who matter don't mind.
Your are the best!

Kay said...

The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.
Sarah Ban Breathnach

I like this quote very much and it's reminding me to get up and do something.

Chris said...

Looks like fall is coming to see you more quickly that it's visiting us.

Anonymous said...

Very nice water and sky.Greeting!

Susan at Stony River said...

Great quotes as usual Sylvia; still love Dr. Seuss best! I'd never heard the first quote before and love it.

Regina said...

Beautiful post Sylvia.
Have nice week ahead.

Gattina said...

very beautiful photos ! I like what Golda Meir said about tears !

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time