I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, November 13, 2009

For all Employees Who Work with Rude Customers

An award should go to the Westjet gate attendant in Kelowna , British Columbia some 12 months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted
with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

A crowded flight was canceled after Westjet's 767s had been withdrawn
from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of
inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way
to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I
HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS".

The attendant replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help
you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be
able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers
behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address
microphone: "May I have your attention please; may I have your
attention please, " she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the
terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE
IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared
at the attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F...You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, (I love this bit) "I'm sorry,
sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

12 comments:

Sam said...

Now that's what I call a quick wit!! Nice one - she should start her own chat show!! I'd watch it!

jabblog said...

I've heard it before and maybe it's apocryphal - but I LOVED it . . .

Annie Jeffries said...

I love it. Lord, I could never keep my cool like that. Kudos to her.

bobbie said...

God bless her. She knows how to handle an otherwise nasty situation, and make everyone smile in the bargain.

sunnymama said...

Oh that is so funny! :)

George said...

She definitely deserves a medal.

Susan at Stony River said...

ROFL

But okay, hands up everybody who knows if they tried something similar they'd be fired on the spot. But it's great to hear!

Anonymous said...

The loudest ghosts and demons seem to often get the most attention. But if they are patient, then they can become cured by securing a position to fly high once again.

chrome3d said...

I have been asked around 5 times that question: "Don´t you know who I am?" I have never known them. It´s a strange situation...What is there to say?

nsiyer said...

Amazing! What presence of mind and sense of humour.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful response to a trying situation ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Maria Berg said...

I have sent this post to 10 of my friends since I am still smiling, MB

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time