I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Around the World #2



'Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree': Even in its humblest attire, aglow beside a tiny chapel in Germany's Karwendel mountains, a Christmas tree is a wondrous sight


A Christmas tree befitting Tokyo's nighttime neon display is
projected onto the exterior of the Grand Prince Hotel Akasaka.




The largest Christmas tree in Europe (more than 230 feet tall) can be found in the Praça do Comércio in Lisbon, Portugal. Thousands of lights adorn the tree, adding to the special enchantment of the city during the holiday season.


4 comments:

Kay said...

This is so wonderful, Sylvia. It's so much fun to see all the different trees around the world.

Lilly said...

I love thes pictures Sylvia - I have spent Christmases in Germany, Scotland, Canada and Australia. Wouldnt it be great to go to a different country each year? At least via you we can do so in the comfort of our homes.

Great Grandma Lin said...

fun photos, thanks for sharing. lots of creativity going on around the world. reminds me of new year's eve when they feature different countries celebrating that occasion.

Linda said...

I'm really enjoying seeing these pictures. Nice to take our minds off the ugly stuff of life.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time