I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Helping Hand Award



I have been honored with another award from The Busy Mind of a Quiet Man who passed this on to me today. And like him I find the recognition humbling and I, too, am happy to share my stories and whatever with the hope that perhaps it does touch someone, makes someone laugh, encourages or gives someone hope. It is my feeling that that is what we are all here to do for one another. The Helping Hand site is a moving site to visit.

This has caught me at a very busy time and I, too, am going to have to bend the rules of acceptance and shorten the list so that I can pass it on.

All the people that I follow give me so many wonderful, inspiring, humorous moments, but there are four that have continued to make a difference in my life with the things they write and they are:

Maithri whose compassion and love for all people has been and is moving and inspiring to me.

Lilly who makes me laugh, makes me feel good and we can't have too many of those in our lives!

Dianne another one who makes me laugh, shares my passion and concern for our world and speaks with much eloquence.

mom/caryn who has a delightful post and speaks so lovingly of her family and her life.

Here are the rules so they can follow them -- also unlike me and my busy mind friend! if they accept the award.

The Rules:
1. Select 10 bloggers: 5 you consider your blogging Helping Hand then "Pay it Forward" by extending your "Helping Hand" to 5 additional bloggers in support and encouragement for their efforts.
2. In passing on the Emblem, each recipient must provide the name of blog or blog author with a link for others to visit. Each recipient must show the Emblem and put the name and link to the blog that has given it to her or him.
3. Link the Emblem to this post: Helping Hand: Much Obliged and Paying it Forward so that others will know its origin and impetus.
4. If you have not already done so, show your recipients some love by adding them to your blog roll, Technorati Favorite list, or in any other way to further let them know that their blog voice is important to you and being heard.
5. Add your name to The Helping Hand meme and don't forget to leave a comment as a permanent record of all Helping Hand recipients.
6. Display the rules.

7 comments:

Kay said...

Congratulations, Sylvia! Your blog is one of the best in cyberland. I love seeing you every morning.

Peggy said...

Sylvia;

Your blog is a classic and cheers me up everyday! Congratulations,you so deserve this honor!
Happy New Year Sylvia! Glad you're in my world.

Great Grandma Lin said...

always nice to get positive recognition. congrats...

Lilly said...

Sylvia congratulations and THANK YOU. I feel very chuffed at getting this from you. Thanks so much, truly!!

And hey I dont need to make you feel good, you just are ok. All your readers love you, your wit, passion, intelligence and views on the world. So there, LOL!

Judy said...

Congratulations to you Sylvia. I love your blog and you deserve any award you receive.

Maithri said...

Dear Sylvia,

Congrats on receiving this award you very much deserve it my friend.

I am moved and humbled that you would share it with me.

I love the warmth and grace you bring into this world,

With love and warmest blessings,

Maithri

SjP said...

Congratulations on receiving the Emblem of the Helping Hand. Please go here to sign the linkie. It serves a record of all recipients.

Again, Congratulations and Much Obliged!
SjP of Sojourner's Place and creator of the Emblem of the Helping Hand.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time