I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

To Those Who Enjoy a Glass of Wine Etc.

This is interesting! And to paraphrase W.C. Fields,
I don't drink water, because fish shit in it.



To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine...
and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said:
In wine there is wisdom,
in beer there is freedom,
in water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces.
In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop..

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:

Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,
than to drink water and be full of crap.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information:
I'm doing it as a public service!

19 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I am drinking a lovely glass of Pinot Noir as I'm reading this post. Enough said. ;-]

kRiZcPEc said...

Oh, I'm going to grab a bottle of Baileys!

Peggy said...

I came right over when I read the title of your post. Having already had my glass of red.
I'm only drinking it because it's healthy for me...I think I read that it cures cancer...Okey, amybe I misread that article!
Cheers Sylvia!

Martha Z said...

I'll drink to that!

Bradley Hsi said...

I drink you for your wisdom. But as I aged, I find myself drink less and less, and drink water more and more. Strange!

Gennasus said...

Better get a bottle right away! What goes with cornflakes.....red or white?

Libertine said...

Here's to you! I knew, we Polish were right in our toast: "Na zdrowie!" which literally means "To your health!" Now, I can happily skip to get a bottle of each: wine, JD and beer... to stay healthy, wise and free.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Salut! Here's to your health!!

Margie's Musings said...

How about filtered water? I am a teetotaler.

storyteller said...

Lovely ;--)
Thanks for the laughter. Methinks I'll savor a glass later this evening after my day's work is done ... just because.
Hugs and blessings,

Deborah Godin said...

This changes everything!

Lew said...

When my middle daughter was small, she would not eat seafood because it swam in its own toilet. She is now avegetarian and will be 40 this weekend.

Merisi said...

O, thank you!
Viennese will love you for those pearls of wisdom - their vineyards produce enough grapes to spare us a drink of water. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm in deep doo-doo! Alcohol beverages are strictly forbidden here and I'm a BIG water drinker!!! Oh SH%T!!!

Arija said...

I loke the Czechoslovakian expression "water is for the feet!"

Sunny said...

Bottoms Up!
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

Love that last line!!! Too funny!

abb said...

You are my kind of people! ;-)

Susan at Stony River said...

Amen to that! One of the things I learned in medieval history was that most people drank beer and wine throughout the day because the available water was so often contaminated. Never thought of fish poop for some reason however! LOL

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time