I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Eminent Eights

I was tagged by Thom for this one -- he always has the fun stuff! Click on the icon at the top of my side bar to check out his blog! OK! here goes!

8 TV shows that I like to watch:
That's a hard one because we haven't had TV service in over 2 years. I was never a big fan of TV to begin with. I belong to Netflix and I watch an occasional movie, but mostly documentaries etc. So the first one I have to cut short.

8 Favorite Places to Eat and Drink:

Lombardis
Taco Bell
Crab Pot
Spaghetti Factory
Marie Callendars
Outback Steak House
Stanfords
Any Restaurant at Pikes Market

8 Things I Look Forward To:
Waking Up
Shower
Brush My Teeth
Taking Photos
Going to the Harbor
Blogging
Thom's Visit to Seattle
The Super Bowl
Spring

8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
Fed the dogs
Bought groceries
Did Some Laundry
Put posts together for the blog
Took photos
Made a Terrific Salad for Dinner
Corresponded With a Good Friend
Wound Down the Day With Some Music and a Glass of Wine

8 Things I Love About Winter:
You're Kidding, Right???
I Live in Seattle! Oh, Well!
Short Days
Super Bowl
Snow When We Have It
No Yard Work
I Get to Hide My Aging Body Under Layers of Clothes
Good Excuse to Sit In Front of the Computer All Day
Get to Stay in Bed Longer in the Morning
And Yes, Spring is Just Around the Corner

8 Things I Am Passionate About:
Politics
Blogging
Family
Friends
Mojo and Sam (the Dogs)
Lots of Laughter
Appreciating My World
Music and Writing

8 Words/Phrases I Often Use:
Are you sure you want these????
Crap
Oh Please!
Up Yours
So???
Give me a Break!
Shit
Bite Me
That Will be the Day!

8 Things I Learned from the Past:
Life is as Good as You Make It
Watch What You Say and to Whom
Know Who You Are and Be That Person
Love of/for Family
Keep Track of Finances (Use Quicken, Don't Rely on Memory)What Memory????
Be Positive
Respect Others
Always Find a Reason to Laugh

12 comments:

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Thanks for sharing some info about yourself Slyvia.

Isn't it great to play the tagging game? It makes you smile, laugh, think and sometimes introspect. We used to do that in a forum for Filipino Migrant workers.

Have a blessed weekend Slyvia.

ninja said...

As for 8 things about winter: snow=yard work. Cleaning up the snow in front yard and pavement to be exact. Which leads to 1 thing that makes me glad I don't live in a house no more. Especially this white winter.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT ALL!!!! haha. You made me laugh...

Anonymous said...

LOL...this is a great list. No TV...hmmm I'd be dead without mine. I love your Words LOL Shit is one of my all time favorites as well as Up Yours ROFLMAO!!! awwww Mojo and Sam. One good thing about winter is definitely no yard work. We have it year round here LOL Thanks for taking on the tag Queen PhQB :) Have a great weekend :)

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

That's a really good list - many of the "8's" made me laugh. Your 8 words and phrases are Vunderbar!
Have a good weekend.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

bobbie said...

Interesting post, Sylvia. You sound just as I imagine you to be. Very upbeat.

EG CameraGirl said...

Absolutely wonderful, Sylvia. I admire your honesty!

Kay said...

This is terrific! I had such fun reading it. "Shit!" is a favorite of mine, too. When the kids were teens they were aghast at how I pronounced it. They actually spent time correcting my pronounciation of "Shit!" It was hilarious! Granted, at that age, they founds lots of things their parents weren't doing correctly.
Sheesh!

Darlene said...

I had to laugh when I saw your list of words because most of them would be on my list too. Especially, crap. I say, "Oh Crap" a dozen times a day.

Peggy said...

Every day I learn more and more about you Sylvia and I love it all!
I particularly loved your response about winter, LOL on that one. I also say sevral of your favorites words and phases.
Loved this tag stuff!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I favor movies too. Thanks for sharing, it's always fun to learn more about my bloggy friends.

chrome3d said...

Are you sure you want these????
Crap
Oh Please!
Up Yours
So???
Give me a Break!
Shit
Bite Me
That Will be the Day!

Very good selections today. You may want to consider these too:
"Shut up!"
"Come on!"
"Ah, not likely!"
"Hot damn!"

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time