I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



It is more easy to be wise for others than for ourselves. ~François Duc de La Rochefoucauld

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others. ~Author Unknown



Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself. ~Alfred Sheinwold

To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself. ~Soren Kierkegaard



Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid. ~Franklin P. Jones

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. ~Raymond Lindquist



It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. ~Aesop

Happiness is an unexpected hug. ~Author Unknown



A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance. ~Proverb

7 comments:

K. said...

Rochefoucald sure nailed it, didn't he? Thanks for the pix.

Anonymous said...

"The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others. ~Author Unknown"

This is deep and often overlooked wisdom. What we see is on our mind. It is on our mind because it is something we are processing and working out whether we know it to be true in the moment or not. We only move on when we get what we are trying to say or do. That's what is nice about commenting on the internet, because what we say is a reflection of our inner selves that needs closer attention.

Linda Reeder said...

"Bravery is being the only one who knows you;re afraid". I could have used that one many times over. So many times in my life I have fought to overcome fear while seeming to others to be perfectly competent.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I so like the kiss without a hug Proverb and that rose is absolutely beautiful :) Love these. Have a wonderful week ahead :)

Tania said...

Beautiful! I would like to sail away in this sunraise;-)
Have a great day!

chrome3d said...

If only people would act on their own advices then the world would be a better place...or would it?

Sylvia K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time