I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



Every exit is an entrance somewhere else. ~Tom Stoppard



Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell



There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
~William Shakespeare, Hamlet, 1600



I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want - an adorable pancreas? ~Jean Kerr,



Finish last in your league and they call you idiot. Finish last in medical school and they call you doctor. ~Abe Lemons



How cunningly nature hides every wrinkle of her inconceivable antiquity under roses and violets and morning dew! ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



Beauty... when you look into a woman's eyes and see what is in her heart.
~Nate Dircks

13 comments:

Quilt Works said...

Wonderful photos! It was hard to choose the favorite - I love the moon, and the sea of forget me nots.

Anonymous said...

WOAH!!! This is a tough one to pick my favorite. I love them all. But I'm going to say that the sunset is it because I like the quote as well. :) These are just wonderful my friend :)

Jazzbumpa said...

Yes! An adorable pancreas.

And, of course, a nice air of kidneys.

Cheers!
JzB

Pietro Brosio said...

Wonderful views, Sylvia! And you always choose very interesting quotes.
Happy Sunday!

chrome3d said...

Good ol´ Shakespeare wasn´t that dum.

Kay said...

I love that moon in that huge sky. Just gorgeous... so peaceful.

Inday said...

Stunning, but wait! Ponder, methink, methink....Jean Kerr, is there such thing as "adorable pancreas?"

Amusing thought. Lovely shots!

My first shadow and weekend memes here Ma'am.

jabblog said...

Love the 'adorable pancreas' quotation . . . the doctor one I've heard and worried about before. Still, someone has to be last, bottom, whatever :-)

Robin said...

Beautiful photos and I love the quotes, too. That Jean Kerr one cracked me up :).

Anonymous said...

Sylvia, where DO you find such wonderful, poignant quotes? And of course I love you photos! :)

Lakshmi said...

such beautiful pics and the quotes got me thinking..esplly the one fm hamlet

Jenn Jilks said...

I love this one:
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell"

But still need to 'put on my face' before going out in public!!!

Lovely quotes. And I proudly just finished my 'Xmas cards'!

MyMaracas said...

Fabulous photos in this post! Really a pleasure to see and read.

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time