I miss you Sam!!

I miss you Sam!!
I miss you Sam!!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Evening, Wisdom and Beauty



One kind word can warm three winter months. ~Japanese Proverb



Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. ~Edith Sitwell



Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat. ~Author Unknown



Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories. ~From the movie An Affair to Remember



The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination. ~Ward Elliot Hour



The Baby Ocean
gently breathing,
heaving,
after
the day's
ups and downs,
burping,
a bit of spittle
bubbling in white
on the side.

And the
Mother Sun,
tired but happy,
after
clearing
the day's sky,
glowingly sings
a last lullaby
as it covers
the baby
with a blanket
of dark.

'Cause,
Its time now,
to sing
and
wake up
the Baby Oceans
on
the other side
of the World .....

Posted by Ugich Konitari to Sylvia From Over The Hill at January 6, 2010 7:39 PM

I was just thinking, if it is really religion with these nudist colonies, they sure must turn atheists in the wintertime. ~Will Rogers



I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood. ~Bill Watterson

17 comments:

Christella D. Moody said...

As usual, beautiful, but I don't miss the snow.

Anonymous said...

I love the second to the last one and the winter scenes Just wonderful. And the quotes are ALL super. :)

Ugich Konitari said...

The Baby Ocean
gently breathing,
heaving,
after
the day's
ups and downs,
burping,
a bit of spittle
bubbling in white
on the side.

And the
Mother Sun,
tired but happy,
after
clearing
the day's sky,
glowingly sings
a last lullaby
as it covers
the baby
with a blanket
of dark.

'Cause,
Its time now,
to sing
and
wake up
the Baby Oceans
on
the other side
of the World .....

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Ahhhhhhh......mesmerizing... you always awe me Slyvia and makes me think of the interesting quotes.

The second to the last photo is simply breathtaking.

Have a nice day.

Grayquill said...

No snow yet - just one broken water pipe - all fixed though.
Your pictures got me wishing for snow.

Kay said...

Holy Moley, Sylvia! That photo of the ocean is just spectacular! Wow! Just awesome!!!

Regina said...

Another delightful scenes!
and great quotes.

Regards.

Regina

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Winter can be strange in Southern California, The Husband pointed this out to me the other day: brown crinkled leaves atop newly sprouted bright green grass.

elvira pajarola said...

...MAGNIFICI....all of them...!..but: The Baby-Sea is more than breathtaking......it just lifts me up..and makes daydreaming..!(oops..could it be a new english word..?)...
....I see a lot of Joy .....isn't it wonderful??????

I wish You a fantastic day, dear Sylvia!

bobbie said...

"...the time for home" indeed!

Your Oregon Coast photo is breath-taking.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Lovely photos. I can't believe the amount of snow in the fifth one. The third quote is my favourite - I can relate to that one quite easily.
Enjoy your week.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

storyteller said...

Beautiful mix of views and wonderful quotes as always.
Hugs and blessings,

chrome3d said...

That glowing photo and the words Baby Ocean made my night today.

Reader Wil said...

Stunning and gorgeous photos! Have a great weekend, Sylvia!

Lee Spangler said...

Sylvia: Thanks as usual for your kind thoughts and gentle words. Flaubert lived with his mom his whole life I think and wrote and dreamed. Anyway I may not be able to get back to you as quickly right now but your blog is in my thoughts

Lee Spangler said...

Sylvia: Thanks as usual for your kind thoughts and gentle words. Flaubert lived with his mom his whole life I think and wrote and dreamed. Anyway I may not be able to get back to you as quickly right now but your blog is in my thoughts

Irene said...

Your text accompanies your photos so beautifully!Thank you for stopping by my blog today, and thank you for the lovely Skywatching!

What Can I Say?

What Can I Say?
I'm interested in almost everything. Use to like to travel, but it's too expensive now. I take Tai Chi classes, swim, volunteer in a Jump-start program for pre-schoolers. I'm an avid reader and like nearly everyone these days I follow politics avidly. I'm a former teacher and Special Projects Coordinator for a Telecommunications company, Assistant to the President of a Japanese silicon wafer manufacturing company. Am now enjoying retirement -- most of the time. I have two daughters, one son-in-law and two sons scattered all over the country. No grandchildren.

Portland Time